There are so many things to be thankful for, and in honor of today being the 10th of November, here are 10 things currently on my mind…
I’m Thankful for…
1. My Boys, of course. I laugh every day, even on days that feel hard. They are funny, energetic, delightful, and full of life. They have changed our world in so many good ways. For them, I am forever thankful.
3. For time with our extended families this past month. We had a wonderful time with grandparents and cousins at St. Simons. And we loved having Riri, Pop, Aunt L., and Uncle Scott visit us in Florida last weekend. We miss getting regular time with our families, and are very thankful for it when we get to spend time with them.
4. For time outside at the park and in our back yard. I love being outside. I love the fresh air, the beauty in nature and in simply looking up at the clouds. I love that in having kids I get to spend so much time outside with them, and that they love it too.
5. For the day last week when I got to witness the sunrise and the sunset, both colorful and beautiful. Sam did not get the memo on daylight savings time, and was up at 5:30 am, so we headed out for an early morning walk and I was so glad we did. The sky was simply beautiful. I’m thankful for a God who creates so much beauty for us to enjoy.
6. For the Veggie Tales concert we got to take the boys to. They were so sweet and excited, and seriously talked about this for months in anticipation. We were pretty nervous that our oldest boy wouldn’t be able to enjoy it or participate because he has a pretty intense fear of loud noises. After ear plugs were inserted, headphones were on his head to block out the noise, and a trip to the hall to get water and be comforted, he settled in and we all had so much fun. It may have been Chaz’s favorite moment of his life. They were so fun and excited, and their little eyes never left the stage as their favorite characters performed. We still talk about the concert daily.
7. For Boys who want to be just like their Daddy. Bradford currently sleeps a lot of days wearing one of Andy’s t-shirts, and last week declared that when he grows up he will work with Daddy and the teenagers, and have meetings that are just him and his Dad. He is kind of obsessed and it is so cute.
8. For the “cold front” that hit last weekend. Hilarious. The cold front meant temperatures dropped below 80 for the first time in over half a year. We were playing outside and there was a breeze, and Bradford states “Mom, it is so cold. We need jackets.” Ha! I checked the temperature and laughed out loud when it read 79 degrees. It was not really jacket weather, but it did feel really nice.